Saturday, March 31, 2012

WTF?!?

The most common response I get when I tell someone that I am riding my scooter across the country is; "WTF?!".  When my Scooter Cannonball Run (from here on referred to as the CBR) "mentor" Dave (feb31st) told me he was doing this back in 2008, I also asked the same question.  This will be Dave's 3rd CBR and from watching his previous two, I realized this is certainly a doable endeavor.  I have the luxury of Dave's experience to prep for this.  From the necessary riding gear and audio equipment to route planning and beyond, I would be a lot less prepared for what I am about to experience if it weren't for Dave.  Enough with the hugs and kisses, back to "THE" question.  I have no good reason for doing this other than it "sounds fun", and it probably will be, right up to the point I am stuck in the middle of New Mexico with a broken scooter.  I am also betting I won't have the opportunity I do now, in the future.  The route looks like it will take me through every type of topography our country has.  My mechanical knowledge is very basic, which should make this a little more entertaining of a "spectator sport" for both of you that read this blog.  I can change oil, spark plugs, lightbulbs and maybe a belt.  Fortunately, Second City Scooters is kind enough to supply me with some parts and most importantly, knowledge.  They are going to let me sit in with their mechanic while he works on an HD200 so I stand a chance when that time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment