Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 0

Arrived at the Thunder Bird Inn around 12:00 today to excellent weather. My shippers were here waiting for me. Turns out all of their other shipments cancelled, so they've been waiting for me since Wednesday. Good guys. I met a lot of guys/girls of which I remember names of about two of them. Great group of people. Vespa savannah threw a "welcome party" for us with food and drinks. They also have a professional photographer taking pics of us. They had me posing for all kinds of shots.
We all converged back on the thunderbird inn after the party. I think that's when I got a glimpse of what's to come. All kinds of scooter wizardry, scooters on the ground, completely disassembled. Clutches and carburetors torn down, the kind of position I hope to never find myself this entire trip. It was also confirmation that I am not built to ride vintage (old) scooters. All the parts I ordered got caught up in customs and I never got them, so hoping everything holds together. Aside from that, nothing too exciting today. I mounted the HD Hero video camera and downloaded iMovie to the iPad. Hopefully I can splice together some interesting video. Tomorrow we are supposed to be at the start line at 6:00 am. Rain is forecast for the first couple hours of riding. Tune in tomorrow for my first update after riding!




















Here are the rest of today's photos!

3 comments:

  1. I thought you were doing this all by yourself...have fun my friend BTW this is Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more about your adventure. You're an interesting writer -- and rider!

    ReplyDelete