Sunday, April 15, 2012

Second City Scooters


On Saturday I was finally able to make it up to Second City Scooters.  They are sponsoring me for the CBR, and along with parts, I asked them for some "knowledge".  In the event I get stranded in the middle of New Mexico with a broken belt, I wanted to know how to change it.  All I can say is I got WAY more than I could have ever imagined.  The guys up at Second City Scooters spent an entire day with me tearing down my scooter, showing me how to fix and repair certain parts and then put it all back together.   This is one area I was a bit nervous about as I have a limited knowledge of the mechanics of the scooter.  I am nervous no more.  I have a lot more confidence in myself to make road side repairs now, even though I don't anticipate any.  Parts, knowledge, swag, Second City really hooked me up.  Added bonus, I got to meet guys from Alliance (the distributor of the SYM) and some guys from the SYM HQ in Taiwan.  Lots of great things coming out from SYM and their support network is improving drastically over the previous distributor.  Second city will be supporting me as I cross the country as well.  If I have any problems I can call them. If I need parts, they can overnight them, although they set me up with a wide array of parts that would most commonly need to be replaced.  I noticed all of this wasn't exclusive to just me though.   Everyone that came in or called with questions while I was there got the lead mechanics (Abe) support or recommendations, so it's good to know I'll always have that available in the future when I'm not riding from coast to coast.  I was also really surprised at how many people just walk in and buy scooters.  I think I counted about 6 people in the 6 hour period I was there.  I guess everyone is freaked out by the gas prices.  No BS, if you want a scooter you better hurry up, or call ahead and order one!  This may seem like a "plug" because they are sponsoring me, but it's not.  I was really impressed by the people at Second City and I was really surprised at how fast scooters were going out the door.  It's great to see a small business like that thriving.  With my education complete it's time to get the scooter ready to ship out tomorrow.  I'll post with pics of the scooter loaded up and ready to go soon!
Second City Scooters showroom


My Ride

    

3 comments:

  1. This makes me far less nervous for you while you're on your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were nervous baby Eva! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN!!!!! What a rookie! you can only go up from here buddy
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete